Saturday, April 23, 2011

....well, Hellooo dolly...

...so my youngest is a freshman at S.U.N.Y Purchase College, he is in the film program, and he is very talented..


  last year he needed a dolly to mount his camera on to make smooth side to side or front to back or back to front shots...we hit google, lots of sites and videos on how to build one from pvc pipe and plywood..we tried that, didn't work out very well...so ebay, more google, hmmmmmm big $$$, but I think I can build something.  




I found the wheels on ebay already mounted on angle brackets, I had everything else except the flathead screws, a quick trip to the hardware store fixed that.

A little flat plate, a piece of diamond plate aluminum, a couple of 1/4 x 20 nuts, a little torch work...

hello dolly..about 5' long, can mount it on 2 tripods or lay it on the ground or milk crates...now all his film school buddies want one...

1 comment:

  1. The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others
    Japtuned

    ReplyDelete